Membership into the Bouchet Graduate Honor Society is by nomination only. All student nominees must be ABD (i.e., completed qualifying exam, orals, qualifying papers or equivalent) and submit all materials listed below.
Nomination criteria for students and post-doctoral fellows:
- Three letters of recommendation to the Bouchet Graduate Honor Society must be submitted from each of the following:
- the nominee’s dissertation advisor
- a graduate faculty member invested in the nominee’s research
- a faculty member, dean or director at the nominee’s institution
- A nomination evaluation form from each of three recommenders above (indicating strengths of nominee as regards to the five thrusts of the Honor Society)
- Transcripts from all graduate and professional schools attended
- A current curriculum vitae
- Scholarly writing sample
- A personal statement capturing how the nominee embodies the characteristics of Dr. Bouchet as expressed through the five thrusts and the mission of the Bouchet Graduate Honor Society. Additionally, the candidate should address their anticipated contributions to the Society (2 – 3 pages).